Monday, June 11, 2007

My Happy Birthday in CHINA!!!

June 11th, 2007 - My first Birthday in China


I had 3 birthday parties and 4 birthday cakes for my birthday here in China. It was a really fun birthday.

Party #1 - My Little Sister and chinese friends

It started Sunday night with my little sister, Qiufeng and her friends, all young engineers at SGMW.


PAC party - Birthday cake #2

PAC always buys a birthday cake for each person's birthday. Look close, the chinese take the "tomato is a fruit" thing seriously.

Party #3 - with the gang from the Wooden Shoe

Dinner at Old Chengdu. I love spicy food, so Mike made reservations at a Sichuan restaurant. The food was really great. Spicy beef, chicken, hui guo rou, pork fat, ribs, really spicy, really good. The others liked it too, but most don't like spicy food quite as much as I do. :)



The next stop was the Wooden Shoe. Confetti and 2 more cakes and beer of course.



Rose gave me a hoola hoop for my birthday. It was a great laugh at the party.





Everybody had to try it. All the girls (except me) could do it. Most made it look really darn easy. Only one guy could do it. Michael from Finland.




Cake #4 from Ken. And one of my gifts - a pair of swimming goggles. Funny picture.




A great day!! Good thing it doesn't happen every day.



















0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home